I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Ours was perfection, shared between my family’s house and Brian’s family. Yes we ate two dinners – don’t judge!! In the morning we actually did a Turkey Trot 5k – it was freezing out but what great way to start a day of marathon eating. I hope to make that an annual tradition. The rest of our weekend was spent getting into the Holiday Spirit. Over my protests, Brian dragged me out for some Black Friday shopping. It surprisingly wasn’t that bad, and I was able to get a lot of great deals – all for myself unfortunately (or fortunately, however you wanna look at it). We also got the tree and put up the decorations (pics to follow). I absolutely adore this time of year with him. We stayed up late with hot cocoa and Christmas music, decorating the tree. I really appreciate those moments so much. I can’t believe that we are already into December, so in honor of that, I wanted to post some of my Favorite Things that I’m just loving right now.
1. Oregon Pinot Noir – It doesn’t necessarily have to be this brand but I’m just loving this region of wines. It’s really light on the palate and goes well with poultry and pasta dishes, not just red meats like many red wines. This is a great drinking wine for cocktail parties or as a hostess gift because it’s sure to pair nicely with whatever they’re making. This will be my new go-to wine for the winter season.
2. Spiralizer - This is a great new gadget my best friend got me for my birthday. It’s fantastic for zucchini pasta (recipe to follow this week). It’s so simple to use and clean as well. On a more decadent cheat night I want to put a potato through this and deep fry it!
3. Yogi Skin Tea – This stuff is great. I don’t drink coffee so I like to have a tasty alternative. It tastes wonderful hot or cold and doesn’t need any sweetener! It also gives you a great rosy glow with regular use.
4. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills – I have always enjoyed this show. I must admit, I’m addicted to most of Bravo’s TV shows. This season though has reached a whole new level of awesome for me. I caught a full day marathon the other day and I couldn’t step away from it. I love the new cast members and I think this season will NOT disappoint.
5. Wegman’s – Being such a foodie, I’m always looking for a pleasurable experience while buying food. Look no further than Wegman’s. The prices are great, they have a TON of organic options (a lot are actually the affordable store brand which I love) and they feed you while you shop!! There are so many fresh and hard to find items at this store. I loved it so much, I actually drove 40 min each way to shop there!! Did not regret it at all.
6. Burlap - My Christmas theme is very rustic and classic, so to accentuate this theme, I recently purchased a ton of burlap to use in my decorations. I’m actually in the process of making a beautiful burlap tree skirt (post to follow) much like the one here. It just screams country Christmas.
7. Triple Creme Cheese – I went to a wine and cheese networking event the other day and discovered this gem of a cheese. It’s better than a Brie! It’s silky and soft and such a delicious mild flavor. This is a great cheese for all of those holiday parties!
8. Gold Spray Paint – I’m in the process of changing some of my colors in my living room and putting in some gold accents (pics to follow) so I have gone a little nuts with the gold spray paint. It’s such a cheap and easy way to convert the things you already have and change them to match the new color scheme. I was able to spray paint picture frames, lamps, a wall clock, and some serving trays. If I had to buy those items all new it would have cost over $200, but instead with a $5 can of spray paint, I was able to change them all over to gold.
What are some of your favorite things right now?